Civ5 Presentation Scheduled for GDC 2010 in March

In the upcoming Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, Firaxis, 2K Games, and Intel will be making a joint presentation on the workings behind Civ5's game engine, as reported by Gamasutra.

According to the GDC 2010 website, Dan Baker will be speaking on behalf of Firaxis during the 60 minute talk. Here is the official presentation description:

Firaxis, 2K Games, and Intel are pleased to present the world premiere game engine and technology sneak peek of Civilization V, launching this fall! You'll learn how Firaxis developers have used the newly released GPA 3.0 PC platform tools and Threading Building Blocks to offer Civ V playability on a myriad of systems; from the rapidly expanding mainstream mobile gaming market, all the way up to the multi-core high-end enthusiast demographic. Millions of Intel® Core i3, i5, and i7-based systems are ready to play - will your title scale?

This sounds like good news for essentially everyone, as it shows Firaxis’ commitment to making sure the game is playable for a wide range of people. Thanks to CanuckSoldier and V. Soma on the forums for the news tip.

Origineel Artikel: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354941&goto=newpost