How to "Strike it rich" in the Game Industry

Want to "strike it rich" in the video game business? If your answer is yes, Sid Meier, Nolan Bushnell (Atari founder), John Romero, and Kenzo Tsujimoto (Capcom founder) have some advice for you in this Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? article over at GameDaily. Below is an excerpt from Sid Meier's comments:
Quote:

To really achieve success too, you also have to be careful to stick with what you know. Tempting as it is to consult at this point or run a company, I found what I enjoyed most was making games, not managing people. I like to think that's reflected in my work. I always think about the audience I'm designing for (say, for handheld platforms versus the PC) and the technical capabilities of the medium as well, so I can deliver a compelling experience that's an interesting fit for the system. I'd like to think that you can't go wrong with this approach.

The key thing to remember though is that every game we make here is fun and accessible, even those based on deep or complex topics. You want players to feel good about themselves at the end of the day. If they’re able to jump right in and have a good time with a game, it’s a good sign you’re onto something special.

Origineel Artikel: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.p…mp;goto=newpost