Reviews of 'God of Love' by Stereo Alchemy

God of Love is the debut album by electronic duo Stereo Alchemy, comprised of two-time Grammy-winning composer Christopher Tin, and Grammy-nominated percussionist Kametron.

Christopher Tin has been kind enough to stop by and answer your

attachment.php?attachmentid=312733&d=132
questions, and provide us with prizes for our Christopher Tin Competition. But wait, there’s more. We’ve been lucky enough to be granted the opportunity to provide you with a couple of reviews of the upcoming album, due to be released next week on Valentine’s Day, the 14th of February. Mine is posted here, and Camikaze’s is in the next post.

The track list is as follows:

1. A Rapture
  2. Unbound
  3. God of Love
  4. She Walks in Beauty
  5. Is It Possible
  6. Monster of the Sky
  7. To Eternity
  8. My Heart?s Fit to Break
  9. Young Lovers
  10. Love Is Love

Stereo Alchemy are joined by guest vocalists Melissa R. Kaplan (Splashdown) on tracks 1, 3 and 6, Mozez (Zero 7) on tracks 2, 4, 5 and 7, and Lia Rose (Built for the Sea) on tracks 8, 9 and 10. You can pre-order the album here for only $9.99, which will secure you an immediate download of ‘She Walks In Beauty’.

Let me start by reminding everyone that I am an old fart. :old: :wink:

I was prepared to not particularly like this album. After all, anything that bills itself as “trip-hop”, “synth pop”, and “post punk” is not likely to appeal to my generation. However, my musical tastes are quite eclectic, so I was pleasantly surprised by the music here.

The blending of modern musical styles with old romantic poetry works very well. After all, a good love poem will speak to us no matter the music it is couched in. That is not to say that the music hides or otherwise constrains the beauty of the lyrics. On the contrary, Chris seems to have found how to wrap these eternal emotions in well-crafted contemporary music. It is not music that I would listen to every day, but I can very much appreciate both the effort that was put into this, and the end result.

All in all, I would say this is a creditable second album to follow “Calling All Dawns”. I can highly recommend it to any who like Christopher Tin.

Origineel Artikel: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=453574&goto=newpost