Top 50 Videogames of the Decade on Destructoid

In part II of "The Top 50 Videogames of the Decade" feature on Destructoid, Civilization III is listed in the 31st position. Here is what they had to say about it:
Quote:

As complex and intimidating as they are, the Civilization games -- originally created by mastermind Sid Meier -- are surprisingly accessible. Once you get past the initial fear of trying to manage a deep and evolved empire simulator that follows the player from the start of recorded history to modern times, the Civilization games are some of the most playable, oh-my-gosh-I-can't-believe-it's-already-4-in-the-morning videogames ever created (trust me on this one from personal experience).

Civilization III is a highly balanced, impressively designed simulation game that is a must play for anyone with a PC and even the smallest interest in the very particular, sometimes overwhelming genre. Don’t let the educational subject matter fool you – Civilization III is not Mavis Beacon Teaches History! It is a real testament when, even today, eight years since the game’s release, people are still falling in love with Civilization III.

It would be interesting to see if they also list Civilization IV on the list somewhere… So far the games listed are:

Spoiler:
Part One - #50-41
  1. Metal Slug 3

2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

4. Vagrant Story

5. Super Smash Bros. Melee

6. Team Fortress 2

7. WarioWare: Twisted!

8. Banjo-Tooie

9. Psychonauts

10. Braid

Part Two - #40-31

1. Kingdom Hearts

2. Rock Band 2

3. Marvel vs. Capcom 2

4. Lost Odyssey

5. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

6. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3

7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

8. BioShock

9. Katamari Damacy

31. Civilization III

Origineel Artikel: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344313&goto=newpost